CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CLASSES ARE BACK!
8:45 a.m. service—ENCOUNTER kids only (K-5th grade)
11 a.m. service—Beginnings (infant–preK) & ENCOUNTER kids (K-5th grade)
We are now offering children’s classes for elementary age students during the 8:45 a.m. service and children’s classes for infants–fifth graders during the 11 a.m. service. Class size is limited and all regular attendees MUST be registered in order to attend.
We ask that students in kindergarten-fifth grade wear a mask for the entire service.
Please read the following guidelines thoroughly. Your registration of your child(ren) indicates that you agree to the following:
- NO snacks will be given to your children. Please make sure they are fed before service.
- ONLY absolutely necessary diapers will be changed during childcare. Please change diapers just before dropping off your child.
- Do not check in your child when you arrive. Simply come to the childhood area to drop them off. We will have pre-printed name tags for all registered children.
- Temperature checks will be given upon arrival. Please do not send your child if either THEY or YOU have had a fever in the past 48 hours, if you have possibly been around someone who might test positive for Covid-19, or you yourself are awaiting results from a virus test.
- To pick up your child from the Early Childhood area, please return to the drop off desk and we will bring your child to you.
If your desired class is full, you may place your child on a waiting list by emailing: Jennifer Holsted for Beginnings (Infant-PreK4) or Becca Swarna for ENCOUNTER Kids (K-5th grade).
DASH YOUTH GROUP
Middle schoolers and high schoolers participate in teaching and discussion on a companion verse/parallel topic to the day’s sermon between services in the Youth Room.
DASH, St. Andrew’s student ministry, meets from 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday nights. The location will vary while the church is being restored, contact AJ for details. Students eat dinner together, listen to a Bible teaching and participate in small groups.
The following precautions have been implemented based on the Arkansas Department of Health’s recommendations for church gatherings:
- Dinner will be pre-plated with the servers wearing gloves and masks.
- Gluten-free options are available.
- Please feel free to send your student with food from home if you are not comfortable with this set up.
- Masks will be required and provided if the student does not bring one.
- The 6 feet social distancing requirement will be enforced.
- Family members will not be required to observe this with other members of their household.
- To limit confusion, we will not be allowing those who are not under the same household but have been in contact with each other within the 6 feet during quarantine to be exempt from the rule.
- We will provide marked areas at 6 feet intervals to make the distancing easier.
- Anything that exchanges hands will be done with gloves and masks.
SUNDAY ACTIVITY BAGS
We know that kids can be fidgety and have a difficult time sitting through an entire service. We want you to know that children are not simply future members of our body, they are a part of our body NOW and are welcome to worship with us. To help our youngest members participate in the service, our family ministry team has created activity packets for our children that are available every Sunday. Each bag has coloring sheets, activity pages, a sermon guide, crayons, and stickers.
Ms. Becca and Ms. Jennifer are recording video lessons each week for our children. The lessons are emailed out each week or you can access them by clicking on the logos below: